Hello everybody! :) Grab a blanket and get cozy under it, because you came to the right place for a Christmas/Winter feeling :)
*None of these pictures are mine unless otherwise stated*
if you love food follow my blog!
Fun and Easy Christmas Treat Ideas.
3. Teddy Sleds
Snowman Marshmallows & Hot Cocoa
Homemade Peppermint Whipped Cream! (recipe)
~Spiced Pumpkin Eggnog~
- 8 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups dark rum or brandy
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Freshly grated nutmeg
Place egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk on low speed until frothy, about 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium-high and, watching carefully, beat until they are about the consistency of shaving cream, about 90 seconds. Reduce speed to medium. With mixer running, add half of sugar and beat until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Transfer whites to a large bowl. Do not wash bowl.
- Add egg yolks and remaining sugar to now-empty stand mixer bowl and beat at medium-high speed until pale yellow and ribbony, shutting off machine and scraping down sides with a rubber spatula as necessary, about 2 minutes total. Add pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and allspice and mix on medium-low speed until homogenous, about 15 seconds. Add milk, cream, and alcohol and mix on low speed to combine.
- Using a rubber spatula or handheld whisk, fold the whipped whites into the egg yolk/milk mixture until completely incorporated. Serve by ladling into goblets and garnishing with whipped cream (if desired), grated nutmeg, and a cinnamon stick if desired.
From : Serious Eats
10 No-Cook Food Gift Ideas
- Gather up treasured family recipes and copy them into a colorful purchased journal. Or, print them on pretty recipe cards fitted into a categorized recipe box.
- Purchase candycanes or any interesting-flavored candy sticks. Dip them in melted semi-sweet chocolate and let harden. Wrap in cellophane with bows to be used as coffee or tea stirrers. These are nice tucked into a pretty coffee mug.
- Purchase several small herb plants and nestle them together in a pretty basket with a favorite recipe card for using each herb.
- A bottle of wine with an IOU for a home-cooked meal makes a terrific gift for that person constantly on the go.
- For a nice hostess gift, purchase a small Styrofoam cone. Using toothpicks to attach, cover with fresh cranberries. Use whole clove studs interspersed and leftover pine clippings or fresh herbs as a decorative base.
- Purchase a salt mill or pepper grinder and package with gourmet salt or peppercorns.
- Line a large, heavy oven mitt with colored cellophane, fill with gourmet jellybeans or nuts, and tie with a bright ribbon.
- For families with children, fill a cookie jar with cookie decorating accessories such as small bottles of neon food coloring, colored sugars, candy sprinkles, jimmies, and cookie cutters. Do not forget to include your favorite cookie recipe.
- Purchase a bundt cake with the hole in the center. Make a small nosegay of silk flowers in an inexpensive miniature bud vase and place in the center. Wrap with colored cellophane and a bow.
- Purchase a decorative ceramic loaf pan and fill with quick bread mixes.